Device Refresh Plan
The Fort Zumwalt School District maintains a 4 year refresh plan for most PC's, Laptops, and Chromebooks throughout the district. Each year, the Technology team works with faculty and staff in our buildings to determine the best specifications for the areas identified to be replaced during that year, and puts out to bid a comprehensive request for those devices.
Note: This plan does not cover donated devices or purchases made outside of the Master Plan (i.e. PTO/PTC purchases and certain special applications).
This year's Device Refresh updates reflect the increasing needs of Technology in the hands of our staff and students. We are in the process of developing RFP's, and no purchase will be made until approved by the Board of Education, but here's some of the highlights of our planned Refresh for Summer of 2018:
- Laptops for all Certified Staff (except the Early Childhood Center, North High, South High, and West High as they were replaced in Summer of 2017)
- Chromebook Carts for all High School Science classrooms
- 1 Chromebook Cart for each High School for FACS
- Chromebooks for Elementary Classrooms (in place of existing Desktop Computer in each classroom). We will be evaluating projector access and providing video connectivity to the Teacher Laptop in rooms that do not currently have it.
- Laptops and Desktops as appropriate for Administrative and Support Areas in all buildings
- We'll be kicking off a "1 to 1" program (1 device for each student) in our Middle Schools. In order to accomplish this, we'll be purchasing a Chromebook for all students entering 6th Grade for the 2018-19 school year. Chromebooks currently in ELA, Social Studies, and General Use carts will be re-purposed for 7th and 8th Grade students. Each year moving forward, we'll purchase new Chromebooks for the incoming 6th Grade class. Our goal is to begin this in similar fashion for high school students beginning in the Summer of 2019.